EY currently employs 15,449 transactions professionals in over 106 countries helping organizations manage their capital today for their competitive position tomorrow. We advise businesses and government bodies on how best to raise, invest, optimize and preserve their capital.
We want to be inspired by women like you
Are you purpose-driven? Do you keep asking questions until you get to a better answer? Do you challenge the ‘it’s always been done this way’ approach?
In short, a woman who wants to build a better working world?
If so, enter our EY Corporate Finance Woman of the Year competition and show us how you would make your impact.
This is more than just a global competition, it offers the chance to:
- Make long-lasting contacts who will drive your career forward
- Learn about the variety of career experiences in transactions and how you can contribute to a high performing team
- Discover how a leading-class professional services organization adds value through purpose and diversity to our clients
Who should apply?
We are launching the competition for undergraduate level Sophomore-Junior women majoring in business (open to all majors in the college of Business) at the following schools in the US:
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Georgia
- Georgetown University
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Southern Methodist University
- University of Virginia
- Spelman College
- New York University
- Indiana University
Not a student at one of the above listed schools? Submit your information here to receive more information.
How can I apply?
The competition is split into three stages. Throughout, we will be looking for evidence of a well-articulated career purpose and analytical strength – as well as the practical skills that will distinguish you in the competition.
Stage 1 – On campus application
To be considered for this opportunity you must submit your formal application using your school’s online recruiting system (competition announcement with instructions to apply will also be posted there). Eligible applicants must submit the following:
- Resume and unofficial transcript
- 500-word or less essay on the following two topics (must answer both questions):
- High performing teams are critical to the success of our work at EY. In your own words, what does it mean to be part of a high performing team and what qualities do you feel you offer to such a team?
- What does building a better working world mean to you?
Submit an application that stands out above the rest and you will become the selected winner to represent your school at the U.S. country competition taking place December 2017 in Florida!
Stage 2 – US country competition
In the second stage, each school winner will be invited to Florida in December 2017 to compete in the national competition where you will participate in individual and group activities. The country winner, second and third place winners will receive an internship opportunity in their local EY office. The country finalist wins a place in the global final.
Stage 3 – Global final
Taking place in London, United Kingdom in February 2018, successful country finalists will work closely with people from around the world. You will be challenged with individual and group activities in front of EY leaders, clients and academia. At the global final, finalists will attend an awards ceremony where the overall Corporate Finance Woman of the Year winner will be announced.
What can I win?
Prizes that last a lifetime, experiences that money can’t buy
By simply entering the competition you will:
- Make long-lasting, meaningful connections with EY leadership that will benefit your career
- Network with EY professionals working in a global organization that embodies a supportive and collaborative culture
- Differentiate yourself from other candidates in an increasingly competitive job market for a chance to secure an internship with EY
What is the Corporate Finance Woman of the Year (CFWOY) competition?
The CFWOY competition is a program designed to identify, recruit and inspire future women leaders within our Corporate Finance sector, otherwise known as Transaction Advisory Services within EY. Participating in the competition will connect you to leaders across all ranks and introduce you to the impactful work we do for our clients
The competition seeks to recognize the contributions of promising students, and serves to:
- Reaffirm the growing importance of women in the world of corporate finance
- Promote the emergence of young talented professionals in the field of transactions, thus fostering interest in the profession as a potential future career
What is the difference between the country and global competition?
One winning participant from each school will compete in the country competition. Each country competition winner will then compete against their peers from the six other participating countries in the global final in London in February 2018.
When did the program start?
The CFWOY competition started in 2017 with seven participating countries including the United States .
How many countries are involved?
In 2018, female university students will represent seven countries at the global final.
I am not a student at one of the 10 schools you are launching this competition. How do I submit my information?
Submit your information via this link to learn more.
Inspiring careers in transactions
Explore and find out more about the careers of women in transactions. Be inspired about their journeys.