EY is working with IBM to help global clients leverage new advanced analytics and accelerate their adoption of transformational technologies.
EY and IBM have a strong relationship developing innovative analytics to help clients solve their complex business issues:
Our clients benefit from the relationships we forge with market leaders like IBM. Working together, we bring our clients proven skills, IP and innovation that are critical to them.
By combining analytics with our business acumen, we can help deliver the transformational change that clients demand as they look to innovate and grow their businesses.
How we can help
We work directly with IBM on new applications based on IBM's portfolio of analytics, big data products and cloud solutions.
Business intelligence and performance management
Business intelligence and performance management are hot buttons for executives because of the tremendous opportunities they provide for transformational change. Our collaboration with IBM helps you extract and exploit additional value from your information.
Our relationship with IBM gives us access and behind the scenes insight that strengthen our capabilities and experience. We provide end-to-end services, helping you to:
- Get insight by turning raw data into actionable information for the entire enterprise.
- Apply consistency to reduce the problem of getting different answers from different systems.
- Realize the full breadth of your business intelligence capabilities including mobile, ad-hoc, data exploration, advanced visualizations, event monitoring, and standard reporting.
- Improve business performance management by increasing automation and standardization.
- Enable action by focusing decision-making on performance drivers aligned with agile and flexible metrics.
- Accelerate growth by aligning information and business strategy, helping decision-makers to better predict outcomes based on more relevant and trusted information and act accordingly.
Our key services:
Business Intelligence Strategy
Helps organizations launch a program to build business intelligence for the entire enterprise that spans all related aspects of program management, organization, data, technology, and change management. Our approach can help you realize quick win benefits from a top-down, business value centric, roll-out without undermining the value of a strong foundation built from the data sources up.
Provides analysts with a means to turn information into insight through intuitive, highly visual, and interactive dashboards extending beyond standard reporting and into true data exploration.
Enterprise Performance Management
Helps organizations with challenges around planning, budgeting, forecasting, and business performance management by focusing on automation and standardization of planning methodologies.
Applies a full suite of reporting and analytical capabilities to an enterprise, incorporating a range of visuals, analytics, tools, and technologies to help drive optimal business performance from fact-based decisions.
Enterprise Asset Management
We provide end-to-end services helping clients establish capabilities to improve:
- Reliability and availability of assets by shifting from corrective to preventive maintenance
- Asset operations and monitoring by analyzing data in support maintenance strategies
- Supply chain operations by putting in place inventory and purchasing controls, along with warranty implementation
- IT tools and capabilities by effectively integrating information across asset management
- Productivity by reducing labor costs
- Business processes - Our knowledge of the generation, transmission, distribution and water industry combined with real-world approaches to assets, supply chain processes, maintenance scheduling, project scheduling, asset health and risk and work management can help drive improved business performance
- System Integration - Extensive integration experience with key operational systems and GIS applications
- EAM Architecture - Deep experience designing EAM systems
- EAM Strategy - Helps organizations launch a program for EAM that spans all related aspects of planning, procuring, managing of items / inventory, deploying, operating, maintaining and disposing
- Training - Quality ”off the shelf” training modules materials for key topics that clients implement are available and acts as accelerators for client training development
Executives across multiple business functions, industries and geographies, have made significant advances solving business problems more effectively and efficiently using technology-based data analysis.
For those charged with preventing, detecting and investigating fraud, corruption and other non-compliant behavior, data analysis can be a particularly powerful technique in compliance and anti-fraud risk management.
EY’s Counter Fraud, powered by IBM, is configured to combine decades of EY’s investigative, forensic accounting and industry-specific knowledge with the big data computing intelligence and scalability of IBM.
If you want to learn more, read this document.
Our relationship with IBM enhances our following key services:
- Knowledge of compliance and fraud and cybersecurity schemes - Incorporates years of our investigative experience from a diverse set of professionals who have experience preventing, detecting and investigating fraud, cybersecurity and corruption.
- Data visualization and interactive dashboards - Provide an enterprise view of business or transaction activities through federated search, navigation, and data interaction.
- Statistical and predictive modelling - Used to assist in the identification of suspicious and anomalous activity. Our experience detecting fraud, cyber and compliance schemes and our advanced predictive analytics are combined to look for transactions indicating of fraudulent behavior or activities, based on past high risk activities or transactions.
- Identity resolution (entity analytics) - Helps identify, or resolve, a person or organization across multiple data sources to provide a broader view of risks.
- Content analytics and text mining - Text-based, unstructured data sources form the vast majority of enterprise content in today's organizations.
- Pattern and social network analysis - Provides insights, hidden patterns and relationships from vast, seemingly unrelated data.
- Case management - Supports the investigative or compliance monitoring team with effective workflow, task delegation, triage and notifications based on the analytics being performed.
- Big data and streaming data - Bring the power of a big data platform to businesses with administrative, discovery, development, scalability, and security features to support the high volumes, velocities and varieties of data often required for analysis. Analyze massive volumes of data in motion, such as social media or business transactions, providing near, or real time calculations in a highly scalable runtime environment.