15-17 June 2017
EY was once again a sponsor of VivaTechnology in Paris in the summer of 2017!
Our leaders were at VivaTechnology, (VivaTech), from 15 – 17 June 2017 in Paris
VivaTech is where innovative start-ups and big companies come together to forge meaningful relationships so they can explore tomorrow’s trends, grow their businesses and draw inspiration from the most disruptive ideas.
Our space in the VivaTech main “Hall of Tech” showcased some of the best EY has to offer, including:
The EY Convergence Lab “revisited” — insights from our San Francisco Convergence Lab event, including what we learned about the significance of technology in bringing industries together and shattering business models.
- The future of payments/retail
- The future of well-being and health
- The future of cities/mobility
The Global Technology, Media & Entertainment and Telecommunications (TMT) Expo — a unique forum that addresses the important business issues facing the technology, media and entertainment and telecommunications industries. It will feature some of the most exciting and innovative services that we and our alliances network are developing.
- Cyber as a service
- Conversational engagement
- Future work now
- Merger integration
The EY Experience Lab — a place for innovation, collaboration and production of cybersecurity, analytics and digital solutions. Our professionals from around the world who are dedicated to innovation and R&D will share some of the leading techniques and practices of the digital world today.
- Cyber intelligence
- Analytics tool
- Robotic process automation
- Industry 4.0
Our presentations at VivaTech included:
Building companies: a panel discussion
Thursday 15 June | 2:45 p.m. - 3:20 p.m. | VivaTech Mainstage #1
- Romain Dillet, TechCrunch
Panel participants :
- Mark A. Weinberger, Global Chairman and CEO, EY
- Andrew Rubin, CEO, Illumio
- Oliver Samwer, Founder & CEO, Rocket Internet
- Jeremy Allaire, CEO, Circle
A new world order In media: blurring of the lines between traditional media players and OTT players
Thursday 15 June | 2:35 p.m. - 3:05 p.m. | VivaTech Mainstage #5
Technology improvements have made it possible for media to compete with traditional cable or satellite pay TC providers on the distribution of content. What are the consequences and what challenges lie ahead?
- Janet Balis, Global Media & Entertainment Advisory Services Leader, Ernst & Young LLP
- Rolf Heinz, CEO Prisma Media and President G+J International Europe, France
- Gregory Gittrich, Chief Content Officer, Mashable, USA
- Olivier Abecassis, Chief Digital Officer, TF1, France
Is tech the future of content? Fast forward 20 years from now…
Friday 16 June | 12:35 p.m. - 1:05 p.m. | VivaTech Mainstage #3
Artificial intelligence is already being used to create music, movies, TV drama and even news stories. What about ad creation? As much as 90% of the content produced by marketers doesn't produce results. Can AI do better? Will it make Mad Men and journalists obsolete?
- Janet Balis, Global Media & Entertainment Advisory Services Leader, EY
- Scott Donaton, Chief Content Officer, DIGITAS LBI
- David Shing, Digital Prophet, AOL